If you're not sure what eLearning is, whether or not eLearning is something you need to be trained on, and which eLearning course (Captivate or Storyline) you should take, this blog will provide you the information you need!
What is eLearning?
- eLearning is using technology to create educational content for access online
What content can you create with eLearning software - Captivate & Storyline?
- Interactive courses
- Digital brochures
- and more!
How does eLearning help users? And how does eLearning help you?
eLearning allows users to easily access information to support what they need to know, by providing flexibility for learning when needed, allowing for self-paced learning, and offering a quick way to learn.
You can create content that will make it simipler and faster for users to understand new subject-matter, and any other information that your organization wants to get across.
Which eLearning course should you take? Captivate 2017 vs. Storyline 360:
Both of these tools allow you to create eLearning content including quizzes, demos, simulations and more, but the differences are listed below:
Adobe Captivate 2017
- Better for responsive design
- Interface is similar to other Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Compatable with entire Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, Audition, etc.)
Articulate Storyline 360
- Better overall workflow while creating
- Interface is similar to Microsoft PowerPoint
- Great online community support
*Note: The Adobe training course for Captivate 2017 is now the standard version for Captivate 8 training, and Captivate 9 training, as well as for all other previous versions of Captivate. The Articulate Storyline 360 training course is now the standard version for Articulate Storyline 2 training and all other previous versions of Storyline.
What have our clients had to say about these courses?
Captivate Course Testimonials
- "The instructor covered all functionality to enable me to figure out what I would want to make most use of. Also very flexible and knowledgable about questions asked in class and how to best approach different challenges. Enjoyed the training in that instructor was very personal and knowledgeable. Training environment was very relaxed!” - Constellation Energy Nuclear Group
- "I had a phenomenal learning experience here at Think B!G. The instructor was incredibly professional and has a tremendous command and expertise of Captivate. I feel so much more comfortable and confident in having learned the basics of Adobe Captivate and am eager to start applying this in my job. This knowledge will allow me to better serve the training needs of our employees.” - University of Maryland Medical Center
Storyline Course Testimonials
- “The instructor was great. The course files were fantastic, he was knowledgeable about both design, programming, and usability/accessibility issues, which really makes this Storyline training much better than the Lynda training, even before you add in the interactivity/synchronicity. He also adapted to our group which was moving faster through the content than he expected, so we got to cover some extra stuff.” - Northeastern University (online live student)
- “Talk about going above and beyond…I am convinced that [the instructor] knows everything–or at least that he’s willing to search it out ahead of time to make the most effective training for the students. I’m so pleased that our tech-savvy crew was able to take a customized version of the Advanced Articulate Storyline course. But even with the non-customized classes, I feel like we’ve really gotten the most cutting edge training possible because [the instructor's] teaching is flavored by his daily work as e-learning guru and he’s always trying to push the software and relay his latest discoveries to his students.” - Northeastern University (online live student)
So Are You Ready To Register For Your Captivate 2017 or Storyline 360 Courses?
If so, click the "Register" button below to see all dates available for our Captivate 2017 & Storyline 360 Introduction and Advanced courses.
Other eLearning Related Courses:
Audition - This is a cross-platform audio editor that allows you to edit audio for eLearning projects, and other video, radio, music, and game projects. Check out upcoming Audition courses at ThinkB!G.
Camtasia 9 - An eLearning tool that allows you to create videos including adding screen recording videos, callouts, animations, transitions, audio, and producing and sharing your project. Check out upcoming Camtasia courses at ThinkB!G.
Please comment below and tell us what eLearning classes you are interested in taking at ThinkB!G.