JUST RELEASED: Web Accessibility Intro & Advanced Hands-On Training Courses!
Available In-Person, Online Live, Custom Private Onsite, and Project Based Training®!
Learn how to make your web content accessible and usable for people with physical or cognitive disabilities for compliance.
Learn how to make websites and web applications accessible using HTML5 and WAI-ARIA, including semantic markup, providing navigation components, creating accessible forms, providing robust labeling, and more.
|WHAT is Web Accessibility? WCAG 2.0? Section 508? WAI-ARIA?|
Web Accessibility - This means that people with physical or cognitive disabilities can use the web. With this, people with disabilities are able to perceive, understand, navigate, interact, and can contribute to the web.
WCAG 2.0 - Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 provides a standard for web content accessibility that meets the needs of individuals, organizations, and governments internationally. These guidelines provide more specific techniques than Section 508.
Section 508 - This law was enacted to remove barriers in information technology, provide opportunities for people with disabilities, and develop technologies that will encourage these opportunities. This applies to all Federal agencies when developing, procuring, maintaining, or using electronic and information technology.
|WHY Do We Need Web Accessibility?|
- Web Accessibility is required by some laws and policies within organizations.
- The Web is an important resource that needs to be accessed for many purposes including: education, commerce, government, employment, health care, recreation, and more.
- Allows people with disabilities equal access and opportunity to be active in society.
|WHO Creates Web Accessible Content?|
- Web developers/designers
- Accessibility testers
- Managers and project teams and related roles
- Web application developers
|PROJECTS That Use Web Accessibility!|
- Creating, assessing, remediating accessible Web pages
- Planning and conducting accessibility review
|Are you interested in Web Accessibility Intro & Advanced Training?|
Click the "Intro Course" button see all our Introduction to Web Accessibility training class dates to register for In-Person & Online Live!
If you want a quote for any Web Accessibility Intro or Advanced Private Custom Onsite classes or SmartSupport Technical hours to help you with your project, then click the "Get a Quote!" button!
Please leave a comment about what Web accessibility tool you are most interested in learning!